In partnership with Kaman Corporation, the Connecticut Women's Hall of Fame is pleased to offer an annual scholarship in honor of 2002 Inductee Eileen Kraus. Among the founders of the Hall, Mrs. Kraus is a past Chairman of the Board and currently a Trustee Emerita. She also served on the Board of Directors of Kaman Corporation for more than 20 years. This $5,000 scholarship honors her legacy and recognizes an outstanding young Connecticut woman embarking on her first year of college or university.
Eligible Applicants must be:
- Female students currently residing in Connecticut
- Recent high school graduates or in the final year of secondary school
- Intending to enroll in first year of college or university
- Able to attend the Connecticut Women's Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony in Hartford, CT for recognition (2017 recipient to be recognized at the 24th Annual Induction Ceremony on November 9, 2017)
2017 Application Process & Timeline
- To apply, complete application form and submit it along with a copy of your high school transcript and a two-page essay (see below for essay details)
- Submit full application by e-mail to email@example.com by February 15, 2017
- Applications will be reviewed by CWHF staff and Mrs. Kraus with decision announced on March 31, 2017
2017 Essay Details
Your essay should be a maximum of two pages (or 1,000 words) and should respond to this question:
Among the 115 Inductees of the Hall, who do you find most inspiring, and how do you see the legacy of this woman reflected in your own goals?
Note: Once submitted, application materials and essays become property of the Connecticut Women's Hall of Fame and cannot be returned.