We are hiring!
The Connecticut Women’s Hall of Fame (CWHF), a not-for-profit educational organization, seeks a part-time (20 hours/week at least 4 days per week) Administrative Assistant with exceptional organizational skills. Must possess excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills and be detail-oriented. Experience and passion for social media management required.
Major Areas of Responsibility and Tasks:
General Office Management and Administration
Responsible for database organization, entry, and maintenance
Content creation and maintenance of the Hall’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), with the goal of growing our audience size and engagement.
Answer phones and respond to inquiries for information via phone and email
Maintain office supplies and office equipment
Technical troubleshooting for office computers, e-mail, and printers/copiers
Compose and produce business correspondences, reports and related materials
Edit documents produced by others
Support the Executive Director and Development Director in communication, meeting preparation, and in other areas as needed. Assist with event planning, logistics and follow-up activities. Prepare invitation, appeals, and other mailings.
Other tasks as needed.
- HS Diploma required, Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least two years of work experience in a professional office environment
- Must have excellent computer skills with advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and database operations (including mail merge functions)
- Social Media management experience
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, work independently and prioritize
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Preferred: Commitment to women’s history and education
Please email current resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Qualified resumes/applications will be accepted until the position is filled. CWHF is an equal opportunity employer.
Are you passionate about women’s issues, achievements and history? Regardless of your major, you may be able to volunteer at the Connecticut Women’s Hall of Fame and receive internship credit at the same time.
Possible Internship areas include:
- Communications, Marketing and Public Relations
- Website Monitoring and Maintenance
- Curriculum Design and Development
- Grant Writing
- Event Planning
As the Hall continues to generate new projects and goals, new internship opportunities will arise. If you are interested in pursuing an internship with the CWHF, please send a resume and cover letter describing your interests, time frame and number of internship hours you desire to firstname.lastname@example.org. Internships are unpaid.